THE GALLERY OF PHOTOGRAPHY ARTIST’S AWARD (Lá Fora… 125)
THE GALLERY OF PHOTOGRAPHY ARTIST’S AWARD, now in its 7th year, offers exciting opportunities for an artist of any age who has a significant lens-based project or body of work underway. The winner receives:
• A solo exhibition in the Gallery of Photography in 2010 or later.
• €5,000 towards the exhibition and/or publication.
• Access to the Gallery of Photography’s Artist’s Digital Studio – high-spec Mac, scanner, exhibition quality printer; and to the Gallery of Photography’s Darkrooms.
• Technical assistance with all aspects of exhibition production.
• Ongoing mentoring, curatorial feedback and publishing expertise.
• A full colour editorial feature in The Irish Arts Review, media partner for the Award.
Entry Conditions & Requirements:
1. Entry is open to artists of any age.
2. Artists must be either resident in Ireland (32 counties); or Irish citizens; or show evidence of a longstanding involvement or connection with Irish culture, including the diaspora.
Entries should consist of:
1. A maximum of 8 work prints no larger than A4 from the work-in-progress, or, if the project is still in inception, 8 prints representative of a previous project which was in the opinion of the artist, similar in scope and ambition. Please note: work is only accepted on CD/DVD if the proposed project takes a non print-based form, eg projected DVD, web project etc.
2. A paragraph outlining the project’s subject/theme/treatment.
3. A paragraph outlining the planned schedule for completion of the project.
4. An up to date CV, including email address.
5. A stamped, self-addressed envelope for return of prints/materials if required.
6. An entry fee of €10 (cheque, postal order payable “Gallery of Photography”).
DEADLINE: Extended to 5pm MONDAY APRIL 16th 2009