DIVA – Artist in Residence Program in Denmark 2009 (Lá Fora… 16)
To promote creative exchange between Danish and foreign artists and art
institutions, The Danish Arts Council has established an artist-in-residence
program in Denmark. The program makes it possible to invite artists from abroad
to stay and work in Denmark for extended periods.
Each artist receives a grant of 10.000 DKK per month to cover expenses.
Who May Apply and What is the Procedure
1. Individuals as well as institutions, galleries or other members of the
Danish art world may propose artists from abroad for the program.
2. Before a proposal is made, the artist must be contacted to ensure that he or
she is interested in and able to accept a residency in Denmark of the proposed
duration. Residency outside Copenhagen furthermore requires securing
accommodations and studio facilities for the artist in advance.
A well-founded proposal must be forwarded by mail, containing the following:
– a presentation of the artist and his or her artistic work
– descriptions of plans you may have for collaborations with the artist
(exhibitions, public talks, workshops, or the like.)
– information on when the artist wants to arrive and the term of residence (3-6
– a budget including travel expenses and in the case of proposals for
residency outside Copenhagen – expenses for the artist’s accommodations and
studio facilities to be financed by the program
– information on how the artist can be contacted
Deadline for Proposals and Replies
Proposals for residency during 2009 must be received prior to August 15 2008.
Replies can be expected within 10 weeks after the deadline.
Please send proposals to
The Danish Arts Council’s International Committee for International Visual
The Danish Arts Agency, The Visual Arts Centre HC. Andersens Boulevard 2
DK-1553 Copenhagen V
About this entry
You’re currently reading “DIVA – Artist in Residence Program in Denmark 2009 (Lá Fora… 16),” an entry on AntiFrame
- Março 19, 2008 / 9:33 pm